The Little Beach Hut Of Dreams
I was lucky enough to spend the day in the ‘Little Beach Hut Of Dreams‘ in Brighton last week, so I whipped up lots of delicious food in preparation and enjoyed them all tucked inside (it was a cloudy and windy day!).
The beach hut is beautifully decorated in greys, whites and pale pinks with big fluffy cushions to help you get comfortable while you daydream the day away. It’s free to use but be prepared to be in a long queue waiting for your day here! Applications are open now for 2016 – apply here.
As it’s the height of Summer, I thought I’d create a few fresh and healthy recipes perfect for on-the-go to enjoy during picnics or a day at the beach. They’re all listed below, or you can watch my video at the bottom of this post.
Handful each of the following fruit:
1. Chop the strawberries into chunks, and slide onto a skewer. Follow with a blueberry, then a raspberry and finish with another strawberry chunk.
2. Repeat with the melon and grapes.
Corn On The Cob
2 Corn On The Cobs
Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
1. Wrap in tin foil and place in the oven.
2. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
1/4 Red Onion
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Red Chilli
Himalayan Salt & Pepper, to taste
Handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
1/4 Cucumber, chopped
1. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor apart from the coriander and cucumber and pulse until the tomatoes and onions are chopped to the consistency that you would like the salsa.
2. If there is a lot of liquid from the tomatoes, spoon out the excess liquid. Transfer into a container with a lid.
3. Chop the cucumber into small chunks and pick a handful of coriander leaves and stir into the salsa.
4. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Butternut Squash and Buckwheat Salad
1 cup Uncooked Bulgar Wheat
1/2 Butternut Squash
Large Handful Salad Leaves
1 cup Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
1 tsp Paprika
1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
Handful Fresh Coriander
1. Peel the skin from the butternut squash and chop into about 1 inch thick chunks. Steam for about 20 minutes or until soft.
2. Cook the buckwheat according the the instructions and allow to cool.
3. When the buckwheat and butternut squash are cool, transfer to a large bowl and stir in all the remaining ingredients.
Fresh Mint and Orange Water
Roughly 10 Fresh Mint Leaves
1/2 Large Orange
1. Slice the orange and lime into slices and divide into 2 glasses.
2. Add the fresh mint leaves to the glasses and top with water.
Dress – ASOS, Bag – Skinnydip, Shoes – ASOS,
Sunglasses – Quay Australia
(I receive a % of revenue from products featured here)
This contains a paid for advertorial in collaboration with bareMinerals. In a personal effort to live more consciously, I wanted to provide you with the
Roasted Squash with Kale, Chickpeas and a Maple Vinaigrette
Here is my warming Autumnal recipe of roasted squash with kale, chickpeas and a delicious maple vinaigrette. This makes a great lunch for these cold afternoons,
5 Sustainable Wardrobe Staples for Winter
The word ‘sustainability’ has been circulating a lot over the last few months, and the movement towards a more sustainable, eco-friendly life has been
Staying Present This Autumn
Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn. It kind of pains me to say that! I’m such a Summer person, and although I can hardly complain after having
How to Stay Motivated to Workout
Something I am asked frequently online is ‘How do you stay so motivated to workout?’ It’s great when we find ourselves in a regular routine