No Bake Halloween Bat Cookies
Here are my no bake, vegan cookies made from nutritious and wholesome ingredients. I have based this recipe on my favourite cacao energy balls that I make for a post workout treat, but this time I have cut them into Halloween shapes and added a spooky ingredient!
They are perfect for a Halloween party, or simply to have as a healthy snack to get into the spirit of the holiday season.
The oats are high in fibre, so will keep you feeling full, and the almonds are high in protein, making these treats delicious post-workout snack. I have used cacao powder to give them an indulgent chocolate flavour, but the main star of the show is the charcoal powder. Charcoal is a natural health food that is used to absorb toxins from the body and help ease bloating, and it of course gives these bats their signature pitch black colour.
Watch the video below.
No Bake Halloween Bat Cookies Recipe
Makes approximately 40 altogether (depending on cookie cutter size).
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- ½ cup Almonds
- ½ cup Oats
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp Charcoal Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- In a food processor, blend the almonds and oats until they form into a flour. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a dough comes together.
- Remove the dough from the blender and mould into a ball. To stop it sticking, place on a sheet of greaseproof paper and place another sheet on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about ½” thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out Halloween shapes. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Rent Your Wardrobe
In the midst of a very
A Tour of Hampstead | London Guide
Hampstead is a pocket of North West London with a true village feel. It was the first area of London I lived in a
Creamy Vegan Pesto Pasta
It’s World Vegan Day, so to celebrate I have created a creamy vegan pesto recipe to show just how simple and easy vegan cooking
Hasselback Squash with Leek and Apple Stuffing
The ‘hasselback’ method can transform boring side vegetables into the main attraction – it’s basically a way to make your veggies a bit EXTRA! If
This contains a paid for advertorial in collaboration with bareMinerals. In a personal effort to live more consciously, I wanted to provide you with the