Baked Carrot Cake Granola Bites
Vegan. Refined Sugar Free. Gluten Free.
Easter is one of my favourite times of year. The daffodils have bloomed, the lambs and bunnies are jumping around in fields and the sun is shining (if you’re lucky).
It’s one of those special times to be with the family for the weekend, which can mean an abundance of chocolate, sausage rolls and sugary treats to celebrate! Being on a plant based diet, this can be tricky.
That’s why I have created this wonderful, healthy alternative to all those treats. My baked carrot cake granola bites are vegan, refined sugar free and gluten free but most definitely not free from taste. I’ve been inspired by Easter flavours – cinnamon, pecans and carrot.
They’re ridiculously quick and easy to throw together, the only disadvantage to these is that you may find your family gobble them all down within 5 minutes!
1/2 cup Pecans or Walnuts, crushed
2 cups Gluten Free Oats
1 Carrot, peeled and finely grated
1/4 cup Raisins
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Almond Butter
Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
1. Crush the nuts in a food processor until they are in small pieces.
2. In a large bowl mix together the oats, grated carrot, raisins, cinnamon and crushed nuts.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir in the maple syrup and almond butter.
4. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until combined.
5. Take a heaped tablespoon amount of the granola and roll into a ball. Place on a baking tray and repeat with the rest of the mixture. You should have about 16 granola bites.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to fully cool.